Well, I’m back solo again and just wrapping up the framing for the roof. As mentioned in the last post, all the rafters were in place, but at each gable end of the house, the roof has to be extended out over the side of the house. This is a little tricky to do alone, but I came up with a pretty good system that was safe and reasonably easy. I got the first gable end done today and am prepped up to do the other end when the rain stops (starts tomorrow morning, apparently).
I discovered one small issues with my process to install those gable rafters, resulting in this minor injury:
Also, we forgot to post this before, but Paul managed to finish off putting the shingles on the shed roof while he was here, it is so great to have that task done and off the list!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and thanks for reading!